This exhibit is now over.
You can see images from the exhibit at the drive by landscape blog
How I make driveby art
We have a great idea, now I just have to paint, right? But actually I spend most of my time doing other mostly mundane things.
A list of tasks
starting with the most time consuming and ending with the least
- looking through the hundreds of photos and selecting the few best ones
- putting canvas on stretcher bars, painting the edges and framing
- painting (yeah!)
- mixing paint colours
- crating (to keep the art intact while it travels)
- taking driveby photos
- working out the idea and (since this is a joint show) discussing it
- hanging the show
- more selecting- which works to put in the show
- documenting the work (more photos)